Monday, April 12, 2010

Mailbox Mondays

A week has flown by so very quickly and it's time for Mailbox Monday again , a meme hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page. This week has been pretty productive for me, and readers of my other blog might already know what I've been up to .. :p So, this week, these books came into my home. 


This requires no introduction, being the winner of last year's Man Booker prize was enough to pique my curiosity. 



The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb. I've been meaning to read the previous book, This Much I Know is True, but then I saw this lying around in the bookstore and decided to pick it up first. 



Curiosity got the better of me with The Enchantress of Florence by Salman Rushdie. 



Another author on my To-Read list is Nigerian author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, and when I saw Half of a Yellow Sun the other day, I just had to grab it. 



Nobel laureate,  V.S Naipaul's Magic Seeds was going for a steal the other day at a local bookfair and I just couldn't resist the temptation to bring it home with me. 



I like Anita Shreve's books and I've been meaning to read Sea Glass for some time now. Finally decided to bring home a copy when I saw it at a book clearance sale the other day. 

That's all for this week's Mailbox Mondays. What books came into your home ? 

P.s : I've finished Guardian of the Dawn and A hundred and One Days is proving to be a really good albeit frustrating read. Reviews on both coming up! :) Have a good week ahead everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you had an amazing mailbox! I've read Sea Glass and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read sea glass. Good choice :)l. I have A wedding In December. yet to read

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mailbox! Happy Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved half of a yellow son and can't wait to see what you think of Wolf Hall!

    x
    Aimee
    http://myflutteringheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Bermudaonion :
    I've started reading Sea Glass and am loving it so far :)

    @Kathy :
    I'm reading Sea Glass now and will probably write a review when I'm done

    @Melody :
    Thank you :)

    @Aimee :
    Oh, I can't wait to start reading those two !

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an amazing mailbox, Joanna! I've been coveting the Wally Lamb one for ages...

    ReplyDelete